Thursday, September 30, 2010

Milestones

While it was never as important to me as a smile, belly laugh or first step, there IS something to be said about rolling over. I remember giving Jackson his requisite "tummy time" from a day old... with promises of early "roll over, crawling and walking" from hospital nurses in my head. Well... Jackson didn't roll over for quite a while and as a new mom, it very much stressed me out.

When Juliet came along I could tell she was strong from the start. She sits herself up, grabs the bottle/spoon right out of my hand and NEVER stops moving. So was I really surprised a few weeks ago when I left her on her back and found her on her stomach?... Not really. Nor have I positioned her or coaxed her to try and do it again.

Well, all of a sudden, Juliet has gone from nickname: "Itsybitsiest Prettyitiest" to nickname: "RollyPollyOllyiest". My goodness - play-gyms should be much bigger for baby girls.





No comments:

Post a Comment