Thursday, February 3, 2011

Nostalgic Scents


We have all experienced it.. walk past someone in the mall - and poof, you're listening 90's music and making out with your first boyfriend. But scents become SO much more nostalgic when you're a mom.

I remember so vividly taking the class at Valley Hospital... how to change baby boy's diapers. "Rub the A&D ointment on the tip of the peepee and all over the diaper to make sure nothing sticks to the wound." WELL, I'll tell you this... nothing brings me to tears more quickly then the scent of a little A&D.

And now that I contemplate not having another little one, I begin to appreciate little Juju's formula burps. How disgusting is formula??? BUT - I find myself wafting the vapors that come from a good, bottom of the belly, formula burp. Why you ask? Because when will I ever smell them again? Someday..I'll be in line behind the cart of a new mom, and her baby will burp and spit up on me. I'll probably cry (for days gone by...).

While we're at it... let's talk about Baby Magic. There are articles everywhere - "It's made from cow guts"... "Rats died for this"... "Cheap shit". Bottom line - It. Doesn't. Matter. Because that smell... THAT smell. My god it is heaven. A little piece of melted down childhood.. in ooey gooey childhood magic goodness and served up on a platter. For you.

People come flocking when that baby magic is rubbed on a baby. I figure it's because THAT smell is just like little babies. MAGIC.

No comments:

Post a Comment