Monday, June 27, 2011

Imagination

I don't remember the last time I fell asleep in my own bed. Actually, come to think of it - I have trouble falling asleep without a certain little one telling me tales.
Jackson is a 'first born' for sure. His sister (god bless her sweet little heart), drinks her milk, lays in bed.. and with a couple of soft swipes across the tush, she's out. But Mr. Man needs a little more cajoling.

We read books. Mostly about bugs. "Dat bug mommy he has yatta yegs" (caterpillar). "Dat bug mommy, ew gross. He has poopie on him" (brown bugga). "Dat bug mommy, oh I yuve him". (Spider).

Then we rock. What used to be (to the tune of twinkle twinkle) "nonny nonny nonny boy, he's a nonny nonny boy, nonny nonny little boy, nonny nonny baby boy.." - you get the point, is now sung with mommy in place of anywhere boy went. *heart meltz* (Is he rocking me??) As an added joy, "Jackson" when referred to by name and mostly because of this song, tells us...: "NOT JACKSON, ME A BOY". I digress.

A few nights ago during the usual bedtime madness, rocking - - Jackson said "mommy, I see a moyocycle.. in my eye". Huh, wtf is he talking about now?? Then: "Mommy, I see Buzz and Woody in my eye." "Mommy, I see many choo choo, in my eye."

And. this. is. what. I. live. for.

Me: "Jackson, that's your imagination." Jax: "I yuve my magination."


No comments:

Post a Comment