Friday, October 15, 2010

Happy



As a working mom, I am always asking myself this question, "Are they happy?" Even more so since there are two of them and one of me  - - and many of my hours are spent working or doing the 'behind the scenes' things to keep them happy (and healthy) i.e., having clean clothes, having nutritious foods to eat, etc. So of course, it made me oh so pleased that one of Jackson's first official words (official = said more than twice) was HAPPY...

He said it on his birthday - but I guessed it was a just a sound effect he was making into the microphone of his new, totally awesome, synthesizer. But tonight as I hugged him and played with him he said it over and over - "happy, Happy, HAPPY". At which point I said, "Aw, are you ..... Happy?" And I got the most gracious, angelic smile with a nod of the head. Yes mama. "Me happy."

No comments:

Post a Comment